Hogsmeade Pumpkin Pasties
Clear back to 4th grade (I just turned 25) I remember sitting in school listening to Mrs. Scoles read Harry Potter and the Philosphers(Sorcerers) Stone. And the magic started then for me. I think there was a huge obsession with witches at that time in my life. I actually recall reading any kind of book that involved witches. In school I dressed up as a witch for the book The Little Witch for a book report as well as making a diorama of a witch scene from the book The Witches. With that being said I took a liking to the entire Harry Potter series, so when the movies came out you can imagine how fun it really was for myself as a little girl.
In July I started the books over this time listening to them on Audible. I am currently about to finish The Goblet of Fire but can I just tell you how awesome it is listening to the books! I am a mom of routine which means I have a lot to do. So what better way to fold laundry or run on the treadmill than to listen to Harry Potter while I do it!
This last weekend we had a Harry Potter marathon. It started Friday and ended Sunday Evening. So Friday while Imogen was at school I baked Hogsmeade Pumpkin Pasties we also made Butterbeer to go with our Pumpkin Pasties. They were delicious! Imogen couldn't believe that we were eating the same food that Harry Potter had eaten while on the Hogwarts Express his first year on his way to Hogwarts School of witchcraft and wizardry. He bought them when he had realized that Ron did not have much to eat on their train ride.
“What she did have were Bertie Bott's Every Flavor Beans, Drooble's Best Blowing Gum, Chocolate Frogs, Pumpkin Pasties, Cauldron Cakes, Licorice Wands, and a number of other strange things Harry had never seen in his life.”
You can bet that as soon as that bell rang Friday afternoon Imogen ran like the wind so we could race home to get our Harry Potter Marathon on.
Both of my girls loved them and I know that Artis (the 7 month old) would have too had he tried them. And if you've read my blog before the ultimate judge of all my cooking is Skyler(husband) his opinion counts and I will say this. Nothing that does not get his approval makes the blog. So that should tell you just how delicious these were. Not to mention incredibly simple.
They are literally handheld Pumpkin Pies. Served best when warm. And of course eaten with a mountain of whip cream even though they really did not need it at all.
Hogsmeade Pumpkin Pasties
Wizarding World of Harry Potter Copycat Recipe
- 1 Cup Pumpkie Pie Puree
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 t pumpkin pie spice
- 3-4 Chocolate chip Morsels (optional)
- 1/4 cup Kerrygold unsalted butter
- 2 eggs
- Pre-Packaged rollout pie crust.
- Clove Spice & Brown sugar
- Pre-heat oven at 350
- Mix pumpkin, sugar, pumpkin pie spice and butter (softened) together.
- Roll out Pie crust. Using a circle cookie cutter or mason jar lid cut as many circles out of your pie crust as possible.
- Mix egg mixture together to make and egg wash. Then brush the egg onto the cut out pieces of crust.
- Cut an opening in the middle of your cutout pie crust for the pie crust that will be used to cover your pumpkin. ( I made a lightening bolt. )
- Place a tablespoon of the pumpkin mixture in the middle of the pie crust. After doing so place another circle cut out pie crust on top. Use a fork to seal the ends together.
- Sprinkle on ground clove and brown sugar over your egg washed pie crust.
- Place your pumpkin pasties on a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Serve Warm with lots of whip cream!
Enjoy! Let me know how you like it!