6 Must-Have FREE Apps for Bloggers
& Small Businesses
- Instagram - Because every blogger knows that instagram is one of the fastest growing social media platforms out there and is actually growing faster than Facebook is. With its ability to connect bloggers and small businesses while growing your followers and increasing traffic to your social platforms your business can thrive off hashtags alone. The best time to post on Instagram is really any time of the day but I find that between 8 and 10 a.m. when people are getting up for the day and and between 6 and 9 p.m. when people are coming home and settling in for the evening you are more likely to connect with others during those times.
- Pinterest - Pinterest is HUGE! I remember way back when I started that you needed to be added to a waiting list to have an account with them as it was growing rapidly. Pinterest is amazing when it comes to helping grow your business. Every time I publish a Blog post my website automatically sends it to my Pinterest account to pin my blog post. Also there is no rule when it comes to pinning your personal pins to more than one board. Doing this increases your chances of your pins being seen by other pinners. This helps tremendously in creating traffic to your website. With attractive photos that essentially lure in your followers, you can't really go wrong with this social platform.
- Adsense - Firstly Adsenseis a free, simple way to earn money by displaying targeted ads next to your online content. With AdSense, you can show relevant and engaging ads to your site visitors and even customize the look and feel of ads to match your website. Basically Google AdSense provides a way for website owners to earn money from their online content. AdSense works by matching text and display ads to your site based on your content and visitors. The ads are created and paid for by advertisers who want to promote their products. Since these advertisers pay different prices for different ads the amount you earn will vary. Now I have heard multiple stories of different businesses and bloggers applying for Google Adsense and being rejected when they have high traffic volume to their websites. I have also heard stories where websites have to have so many articles, words, pictures etc to qualify for Adsense but then there are some who qualify when they have very little on their websites. What this means is if you are interested you need to take a chance you may or may not be rejected. What if you are? Try again in a few months. Build up your content and make sure your website is attractive and appealing to your visitors.
- Crowdfire - This is a really cool app. As I organically grow all of my Instagram followers I am constantly having people follow me who have mass amounts of followers. I always think wow! They want to follow me? Do they really think I have good enough content to follow me? And then I also see a lot of people who follow me to unfollow me. If I am being honest I think it may just be how growing followers organically works unfortunately. People follow you to gain you as a follower not for you content which has really made me careful who I follow. I have seen on multiple occasions Instagrammers who have mass followers who follow to gain the follow and unfollow you. I've been followed by the same people 3-4 times to follow them back to be unfollowed. With Crowdfire you are able to see who follows you and who unfollows you.
- Google Drive - I love google drive as a way to back things up. Wherever I am all of my files are within reach through google drive whether I am at home on my computer or out and about on my phone I am able to access them easily. You can invite others to view, edit or leave comments on files as well as enable the viewing of files offline. You can view documents, PDFs, photos, videos and more. Files are easily searchable by name and content.
- Studio Design - We all know that as a community of bloggers and small businesses that attractive photography and photos with charming graphics and design are one of the most for sure ways to help grow traffic to our social platforms. With Studio design it is perfect for doing just that. I would describe it as very similar to Instagram. What Instagram did for photography the Studio app will do for design. Allowing to add captivating layers of graphics to your photos you are able to share your creativity.
These are some of my favorite apps that I use frequently if not at least multiple times daily. And since I have been blogging I have seen a jump in my traffic volume. If you have any questions I would more than happy to help you! Be sure to leave a comment and let me know how they work for you!