Better Than Tollhouse Chocolate Chip Cookies
I'm not kidding either this recipe is absolutely foolproof!
I'm finally giving it up guys. " Better Than Tollhouse " chocolate chip cookie recipe. Literally these are the best cookies you will ever make. I've given the recipe out to pretty much close friends and family only but its time that i let you all in on this little secret! Here's the deal. 5 years ago I decided I wouldnt stop baking till I could make a chocolate chip cookie that tasted better than Tollhouse cookie dough. WELL! I did it. I stood hours and hours in the kitchen making small batches of cookie dough to compare to my Tollhouse Cookie dough from the store. Until I added one ingredient that I felt made all the difference.... CORNSTARCH! Who knew?! It was delicious. My brother in law at one point when working at a pizza restaurant was using my cookie recipe, making the cookies and people were seriously paying him for them!!!! So pin this recipe now because you NEED THIS RECIPE!
Better Than Tollhouse Chocolate Chip cookies
- 2.5 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1.5 tsp corn starch
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar (loosely packed - light brown also important)
- 1 cup unsalted butter (softened)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (Bakers Imitation <--- This Brand!)
- 1 egg + 1 yolk
- 1.5 cups Chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 350 degrees
- Mix flour, baking soda, salt and corn starch together in a small bowl set aside.
- Combine butter, sugar and vanilla in a mixer. Gradually add egg + yolk.
- Add chocolate chips.
- Spoon tablespoons of cookie dough onto a greased pan.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes (But really no longer than 12)
Let cookies cool! Also side note the cookies are SO MUCH BETTER THE NEXT DAY! Seriously or even cooled for 12 hours. For whatever reason they are better when they are not hot. Also I usually double the batch to make golfball size cookies because they are devoured quickly. Lastly I keep and extra 1/2 cup of chocolate chips on the side to put on top of the cookie dough right before it goes into the oven to make the cookies look pretty!